SHN Academy was established in May of 2019
Our Spring Production is closed for enrollment.
Fall Production will be announced soon.
A Whole New World
The story you know, and love has been given the royal treatment! Aladdin and his three friends, Babkak, Omar, and Kassim, are down on their luck until Aladdin discovers a magic lamp and the Genie who has the power to grant three wishes. Wanting to earn the respect of the princess, Jasmine, Aladdin embarks on an adventure that will test his will and his moral character. With expanded characters, new songs, and more thrills, this new adaptation of the beloved story will open up “a whole new world” for your young performers!
Show Cost & Enrollment
Total cost for all 5 months is $500.00, this includes supplies, costumes, and rehearsals. Payment can be paid up front or paid monthly, as followed:
Deposit: $100.00 (due at sign-up)
December 1st: $100.00
January 1st: $100.00
February 1st: $100.00
March 1st: $100.00.
The cost this season includes costumes.
The non-refundable deposit is due when you sign-up to go to auditions.
Outside of costs, one parent from each family is asked to volunteer at 1 (one) rehearsal to assist the Theater Director.
We plan to have a double cast. With a double cast, this allows more students to have experience as leads and to still have fun as the ensemble. Or if we have A TON of people audition, we will have two entirely separate casts. The performances would be broken up evenly, if possible. Double casting may also help with potential conflicts.
Total Production size of 50 with each Cast size 20-25:
- Ages: 9+ with no prior experience is welcome.
- Ages 5-8 are welcome if they have either been in a previous production with Mrs. Alex or they have taken an acting class with Mrs. Alex and/or Mrs. Broadhead's Jr. Performing Arts Class and receive a letter of recommendation from one of them.
Auditions will be at 2:00pm, Friday, January 13th at the ACE farmhouse at 10592 Phillips Cemetery Road, Bentonville, AR 72713. You will choose a 1-hour time slot.
*** ADVANCE SIGN-UP REQUIRED**
ALL students will be casted, auditions are for your specific part. Parents should stay during auditions.
Please note the following audition attachments that will be sent once registered:
1. The audition form. Students MUST MUST MUST print it out and have it filled out before they come to auditions. And it requires a parent's signature.
2. The character breakdown. It gives them clear notes on what each character is and what song they need to prepare.
3. The sides. I strongly encourage them to print their own prior to auditions, but we will print a few copies for them to share.
4. The score. This has the sheet music for the songs to audition with. We will find tracks for them to sing along with. Again, strongly encourage to print their own.
****Forms will be sent out after registration****
Rehearsals will be from 1:00pm – 4:00pm on Wednesdays at the farmhouse at 10592 Phillips Cemetery Road, Bentonville, AR 72713.
Wednesday, January 25th
Wednesday, February 1st
Wednesday, February 8th
Wednesday, February 15th
Wednesday, February 22nd
Wednesday, March 1st
Wednesday, March 8th
Wednesday, March 15th
Wednesday, April 5th
Wednesday, April 12th
Wednesday, April 19th
Wednesday, April 26th
Wednesday, May 3rd
Wednesday, May 10th
Wednesday, May 17th
Wednesday, May 24th
Wednesday, May 31st
**All Rehearsals are Mandatory, unless the call sheet states they are not needed**
Mandatory Tech & Dress Rehearsals: Week of Monday, June 5th
Mandatory Show Dates: Thursday, June 8th, Friday, June 9th & Saturday, June 10th